Maintains respiratory therapy related equipment and supplies.Responsibilities
- Disassembles and reassembles respiratory therapy equipment as required according to protocol.
- Performs OPV on all equipment as required.
- Performs respiratory charges as assigned, including inpatient oxygen rounds for charges on all units as well as subsequent bipaps and high flow cannulas.
- Maintains proper par levels of respiratory equipment at all times in all areas: RT supply areas, ABG rooms, warehouse items, staples items, Lawson items.
- Uses Warehouse Value Link Program to order every day and stock warehouse items.
- Processes rental equipment. Maintains RT office equipment board daily.
- Walks PFT results to and from PFT Lab & MOP office twice per week.
- Responds to respiratory calls for equipment as needed.
- Responsible for oxygen cylinders: one unit check/day, place order, maintain adequate supply and report problems. This includes areas in the ambulatory campus.
- Assists in training all new techs.
- Maintains ABG area supply par levels.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent Required
Related Experience Preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Basic reading, writing and math skills required. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team. Strong customer service skills.Physical Demands
Works in a clean, well-lighted hospital environment. Possible exposure to infectious disease.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting — Rarely
Standing/Walking — Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping — Occasionally
Bending/Climbing — Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist — Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds — Frequently
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds — Occasionally
Typing/Filing — Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.