Title: Phlebotomist & Medical Clerk Openings!
Location: Staten Island NY
Duration: 2-6 Month Contract (contract is highly likely to extend!)
Hours/ days: this is FLEXIBLE and for you to make!
This project is supporting a ramp-up in corona-virus testing.
- Experience doing blood draws, labeling specimens, centrifuging specimens
- Recording maintenance data and decontamination, updating patient information, etc.
- Collects and stores specimens according to established procedures.
- Must have experience drawing blood Must either have now or has had a Certification
- Must be comfortable drawing 70 vials a day
Why work at this Company?:
- This Company utilizes cutting-edge laboratory technology and instrumentation across its 10 laboratories. With more than 4,000 employees nationwide, this company has become the preferred choice for clinical laboratory personnel
* Collects and stores specimens according to established procedures.
* Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection (ex. urine or fecal) as required
* Demonstrate technique/s using straight needles and/or butterfly needles.
* Fully understand all of the physician's orders.
* Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes. Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order.
* Check all test requisitions or computer label against script to ensure 100% correct.
* Package specimens for transport
* Stores specimen sample according to required temperature, places samples in appropriate collection container/ tube, accurately labels, follows different procedures as outlined by specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain integrity of the specimen.
* Understand and comply with OSHA and DEP regulations.
* Attend annual department training's
* Answer telephone calls, read laboratory results to satisfy inquiries.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.