The Dental Assistant will assist dentist during examination and treatment of patients. A typical day will involve cleaning and sterilizing equipment, setting up rooms for patients and providers, provide the dental hygienist with the proper tools needed to complete their dental work. They will also clean rooms, rotate patients out, and discharge them.
Duties and Responsibilities can be broken down as follows:
• Set up treatment rooms, sets up instrument trays, prepares materials for procedures. (good question for the dental manager. How many people are they meeting with? Might be walkins or very busy)
• Show care and concern, and help patients feel comfortable. Ensure patients are always attended.
• Anticipate and assists dentist's needs during dental procedures.
• Ensures proper treatment notes are recorded in patient's chart.
• As instructed by dentist performs telephone calls to patients after difficult procedure for follow up.
• Pours, trims, and polishes study casts, fabricates custom impression trays from preliminary impressions, cleans and polishes removable appliances, and fabricates temporary restorations.
• Sterilizes and disinfects instruments.
• Disinfects treatment rooms according to OSHA regulations.
• Securely stores and handles patient records in compliance with state and federal requirements, including the HIPPA privacy and security regulations.
• Monitors inventory and order dental office supplies as needed.
• Promotes team concept by interacting with others in the office.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.