Aerotek is partnering with several hospitals, clinics, and laboratories in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area that have needs for qualified medical assistants
- Accompanies patients to exam rooms and prepares them for the provider visit by collecting history and basic vital signs
- Draws blood and collects samples for processing.
- Creates or reconciles a list of current medications and drug allergies
- Provides patient education as directed by the provider
- Reviews the plan of care with the patient after the provider visit and ensures that patients have all the information/material they need prior to departing (i.e.: medication samples, patient handouts, prescriptions)
- Documents information regarding all relative events that occurred during the patient visit
- Performs patient care follow up calls (i.e.: lab test results, patient question calls)
- Participates in planning, implementing and collecting data for quality improvement initiatives as directed by either the Nurse Manager or Team Leader
- Communicates with front office staff and other ancillary departments to ensure patients are flowing through the clinic in a timely manner
- Medical Assistants must be Nationally Certified. If not certified, must have at least 2 years of experience.
- High school Diploma or Certificate equivalent
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.