In addition to performing the duties of a dental assistant, the dental assistant II must also perform all of the duties of a sterilization technician. They must also be prepared to function as a receptionist and file clerk, whenever the regular receptionist is unavailable.
- Greet patients and bring them to treatment rooms.
- Assist dentists and hygienists during examination and treatment.
- Review daily schedules and make appropriate changes.
- Make entries in patients’ charts, as directed by dentists.
- Expose and process radiographs.
- Clean and disinfect operatories between patients.
- Maintain inventories of all dental supplies.
- Pull and re-file patients’ charts, as needed.
- Dismiss patients and deliver paperwork to the front desk staff.
- Insure that all dental instruments are properly sterilized and maintained, according to the OSHA guidelines.
- Answer the telephone.
- Schedule appointments and collect fees from patients, using the EagleSoft computer system.
- Ensure that insurance claim forms are accurately completed by patients.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned by practice management from time to time.