Position overview:In addition to performing the duties of a dental assistant, the dental assistant II must also perform all of the duties of a sterilization technician. They must also be prepared to function as a receptionist and file clerk, whenever the regular receptionist is unavailable.
- Greet patients and bring them to treatment rooms.
- Assist dentists and hygienists during examination and treatment.
- Review daily schedules and make appropriate changes.
- Make entries in patients’ charts, as directed by dentists.
- Expose and process radiographs.
- Clean and disinfect operatories between patients.
- Maintain inventories of all dental supplies.
- Pull and re-file patients’ charts, as needed.
- Dismiss patients and deliver paperwork to the front desk staff.
- Insure that all dental instruments are properly sterilized and maintained, according to the OSHA guidelines.
- Answer the telephone.
- Schedule appointments and collect fees from patients, using the EagleSoft computer system.
- Ensure that insurance claim forms are accurately completed by patients.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned by practice management from time to time.
- High school diploma required.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent patient service and telephone skills.
- Previous experience as a dental assistant for at least one year is preferred
ADA:Generally pleasant working conditions. Minimal lifting and standing (except by choice).
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7:15am to 1:15pm, no lunchAdditional Information
- Requisition ID: 191EV
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and our business. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws and regulations, EmblemHealth may provide work visa sponsorship for certain positions.